English Learning Leader
English is important for helping you appreciate diversity, develop sensitivity and, perhaps most importantly, contribute to your future by crafting your writing and critical thinking.
In the English Domain, we foster an appreciation for a wide variety of texts and empower you to develop your own interpretations of the texts we study. You interpret, create, evaluate, discuss and perform a wide range of literary texts in which the primary purpose is aesthetic, as well as texts designed to inform and persuade. These include various types of media texts, including newspapers, film and digital texts, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, dramatic performances and many others.
From 2023, all year 11 VCE students will be enrolled in Core English as their compulsory English subject. Literature and English Language remain open to students to select, but will become elective subjects.
VPC Literacy 3-4
- Read and use texts for civic participation, further education, and employment.
- Work with actual real world texts.
- Work towards a major research presentation on a topic of your choice.
Subject Code: V6ELI
Year Level: 12
- Read and write texts that you would use in everyday life
- Learn how to identify safe, reliable sources of information
- Use literacy skills to find information and complete documents for education and employment
- Negotiate a topic for a major presentation
- Practice oral communication skills in planning, devising, and delivering your presentation
- Use reading and writing skills to research your topic and documenting your progress
- Assessments will check that understand ideas covered, but will also allow you to use the skills you have learned
- Tasks might include: a reflective journal, a video, podcast or oral presentation, a research task, a record of interviews, or a collection of notes